10 Quick Ways to Reduce Stress Today
10 Quick Ways to Reduce Stress Today
Living over the road where your home, office, kitchen, and the vehicle is all one can be overwhelming and stressful. Stress can cause headaches, muscle tension, difficulty sleeping, irritability, and negatively affect our immune system. We all know that stress is not suitable for us physically or mentally. However, how do we keep stress from manifesting itself into our daily lives?
Life Is About Choices
The great American philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson, wrote a letter to his daughter who was worried over a mistake she had made. This is what the letter said:
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders, losses, and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.
Emerson’s quote serves as a reminder that we must give ourselves permission to make a few mistakes, be imperfect, and “fall off the wagon” from time to time. Accept what you were able to accomplish and leave yesterday in the past. Do not let stress and mishaps prevent you from moving forward.
An article that appeared in Medical News Today discusses how “overwhelmed and stress, in common terms, is a feeling people have when they are overloaded and struggling to cope with demands. These demands can be related to finances, work, relationships, and other situations, but anything that poses a real or perceived challenge or threat to a person’s well-being can cause stress.”
You may not always be able to control what happens in your daily life, but you can practice healthy habits to manage stress.
10 Ways You To Reduce Stress and Overwhelm in Your Life:
- Get up a few minutes earlier than planned and take some time to be silent, meditate, and visualize how your day is going to be great.
- Allow others to help you. If they did not want to help, they shouldn’t have asked. And that my friend is not your concern.
- K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble, concern, and pain. Ask yourself: “is what I am about to say helping or hurting”? And go from there.
- Eat right. Start with one right choice. An apple. A glass of water. No need to bulldoze your life today. Just add in one new food or drink more water and see where it takes you.
- Listen to relaxing music or guided meditations (Check out M.T.Y.’s guided meditations made just for drivers). Choose uplifting or motivating broadcasts or shows. Stay away from music, radios, and entertainment that only causes more pain, confusion, agitation, and anger. You can choose what you listen to.
- Laugh—every single day. Laugh. Laugh so hard you cry. And better yet, laugh with a friend. Laughter releases endorphins that you desperately need to stay happy.
- Surround yourself with people who lift you rather than tear you down.
- Take ONE DEEP BREATH before you say or do anything more.
- Be kind to unkind people. Kindness matters. Being kind doesn’t mean you agree with them or even want to be their best friend. But if you won’t be helpful, then who will be?
- Meditate, pray, practice yoga. When is the last time you unplugged with something that will plug you back into life? Ensure you check out Mother Trucker Yoga’s Online Membership site as drivers just like you can come together and get fit inside and outright from the cab of your truck.
- 11. Look After Your Back. Getting regular massages and looking after your spine and back muscles will make it a lot easier for you to feel at ease, especially if you’re sitting for many hours a day. If you have any pains in your back, you definitely need to see a good chiropractor and let them help you.
Finding the best overwhelm and stress relief strategies may take some time. Do not give up if one doesn’t work; move on and try another. However, it is essential to keep looking for the tools that will help you manage life’s ups and downs healthily. Keeping stress at a manageable level is vital for your overall well-being.
Surround yourself with people that support you in your journey and leave those that do not, behind. You will not regret it. Too many people in today’s world have come to normalize stress. Do not be that person. Identify your stress triggers and then take action to dismantle that stress. It may feel like work in the beginning, but in the end, you will feel the effects of a happier, healthier life.
Don’t be that person that wears their stress like a badge of honor and as a result, you are not only unhappy but stuck in life. When I am feeling stressed, stuck, or overwhelmed I get up and get moving. When I do that, I breathe more deeply, my blood circulates, feel-good chemicals and hormones are pumped to my brain and I FEEL BETTER.
The world tries to complicate our health, but I want to simplify it for you. Today, do one thing that makes you feel good. Do one thing that makes you smile. Do one thing that gets you up and moving. I promise you, that you won’t regret it.
Check out Mother Trucker Yoga’s Audio Bundle– so you can de-stress and get back to doing what you need to do, and love to do.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!