We understand that during this time our drivers must still keep on rolling. And as you roll on from city to city, and state to state. We appreciate you and your continued service to keep our country moving.
And although it seems silly, during this time, it’s always a great idea to stop and reflect on how we can be a part of the problem or a part of the solution. We at Mother Trucker Yoga want to be a part of the solution!
With the outbreak of COVID-19 impacting our state and local community, we are focusing on doing things we need to do to keep you, our community, our staff, and our facility as safe and as healthy as possible.
Like us, many of you were intending to travel to MATS and join us and thousands of others for three full days of fun, community, and connection. However, in light of the current events, MATS was canceled.
But let’s take this time to make sure we are practicing good hygiene and supporting others to stay healthy!
Consider the following when out on the road, in the efforts to stay healthy and help others do the same:
- If you are feeling healthy, keep moving. Keep walking, keep exercising. A healthy body and mind can reduce stress and boost your immune system.
- Support each other in cultivating a gratitude practice. Dr. Joe Dispenza conducted a study that found: Practicing gratitude for 9-10 minutes, 3 times per day, for 4 consecutive days increases the function of your immune system.
- Get some quality sleep. Check out our guided meditations to help you get some much-needed shut-eye! Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. Research has shown that T-cell production increases with consistent good rest and sleep. Naps are GREAT!
- Consider how you can support the health and comfort of your neighbors and friends. Check up on anyone you know that may have compromised health. Stay connected via phone, text, and email.
- Be mindful of the source of information. Be thoughtful before sharing or posting. Question information that might be untrue or cause concern.
- If you have a compromised respiratory system, immune system, uncontrolled high blood pressure, and/or diabetes, stay safe and stay home.
- If you show any signs of illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath), Contact your health care provider and use common sense. It may not seem like a “big deal” but others may not have as strong of immunity as you do. Consider others and their health as well as your own during this time. It is difficult to discern the difference between Coronavirus, Influenza, the common cold, and allergies.
- Minimize exposure to Coronavirus by following the hand hygiene guidelines – washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, contact your doctor. Or check out our DYI hand sanitizer recipe HERE.
- Practice good social etiquette: wash your hands, cough or sneeze into your arm, and use paper towels when opening doors. Or at a minimum just we aware that the germs we spread not everyone’s immune system can withstand.
- Consider wearing gloves when working outside your truck.
It is an absolute honor to serve you at Mother Trucker Yoga and to participate in keeping you safe and well.
Keep Yourself Healthy and Safe with these Practices – COVID-19 Virus:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 78°/81° Fahrenheit. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours – so if you come into contact with any metal surface – wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric, it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but – a lot can happen during that time – you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can’t emphasize enough – drink plenty of water!
And don’t panic. Check all your sources when reading on Social Media!
Know the Symptoms:
1. It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days.
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you’re drowning. It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry.
Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least.
Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach.
Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don’t drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That’s very dangerous.
The new Coronavirus may not show signs of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected? By the time they have a fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it’s too late (Fibrosis is not reversible).
Simple self-check that we can do every morning:
Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.
In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
In the efforts to keep your body well. Please enjoy a complimentary FREE 30 days of our Online Yoga/Fitness Membership Site where you can log in and get a little movement and mental health session whenever you need it.
PLUS we will be bringing in LIVE sessions with Hope again! So get ready for some interactive fun!
USE THE CODE: CORONA2020
And for everyone that signs up, we will be drawing for some prizes to celebrate your step toward health and well-being!
Please reach out with any and all questions or concerns.
Above all, be well.
Thank you for reading our blog. Don’t forget to check out our other blogs:
>>>>> Healthy Foods on the Go