National Stress Awareness Day- 11 Ways To Reduce Stress and Overwhelm in Your Life
It’s National Stress Awareness Day
We want to share with you 10 Ways To Reduce Stress and Overwhelm in Your Life.
Life Is About Choices
The great American philosopher, Ralph Waldo Emerson, wrote a letter to his daughter, who was worried about a mistake she had made. This is what it said:
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders, losses, and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as possible.
Emerson’s quote reminds us that we must give ourselves permission to make a few mistakes, be imperfect, and “fall off of the wagon” from time to time. Do not let stress and mishaps prevent you from moving forward. Accept what you were able to accomplish and leave yesterday in the past.
An article in Medical News Today discusses how “overwhelm and stress, in common terms, is a feeling people have when they are overloaded and struggling to cope with demands. These demands can be related to finances, work, relationships, and other situations, but anything that poses a real or perceived challenge or threat to a person’s well-being can cause stress.”
You may not always control what happens daily, but you can practice healthy habits to manage stress.
11 Ways You To Reduce Stress and Overwhelm in Your Life:
Today is November 2 2022, and National Stress Awareness Day; we all get stressed from time to time. The issue is that many of us have never adopted ways to reduce the stress in our lives, so we have normalized it.
Our body is set up to help us succeed and reduce stress. The parasympathetic nervous system is part of the body’s autonomic nervous system. Its partner is the sympathetic nervous system, which control’s the body’s fight or flight response. The parasympathetic nervous system controls the body’s ability to relax. It’s sometimes called the “rest and digest” state. Yet many of us are not taking the time to utilize our body’s built-in systems. Below are 11 simple and fast ways to help you reduce stress and step into the parasympathetic nervous system.
Reducing Stress Fast – National Stress Awareness Day
1. Get up a few minutes earlier than planned and take some time to be silent, meditate, and visualize how your day will be great. Here at Mother Trucker Yoga- trucking yoga is all about finding the small pockets of time to reduce stress and get moving.
2. Allow others to help you. If they did not want to help, they shouldn’t have asked. And that, my friend, is not your concern.
3. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent enormous trouble, concern, and pain. Ask yourself: “is what I am about to say helping or hurting”? And go from there.
4. Eat right. Start with one right choice. An apple. A glass of water. No need to bulldoze your life today. Just add in one new food or drink more water and see where it takes you.
5. Listen to relaxing music or guided meditations (Check out M.T.Y.’s guided meditations made just for drivers).
You can choose what you listen to. 6. Choose uplifting or motivating broadcasts or shows. Stay away from music, radios, and entertainment that only causes more pain, confusion, agitation, and anger.
7. Laugh—every single day. Laugh. Laugh so hard you cry. And better yet, laugh with a friend. Laughter releases endorphins that you desperately need to stay happy.
8. Surround yourself with people who lift you rather than tear you down.
9. Take ONE DEEP BREATH before you say or do anything more.
10. Be kind to unkind people. Kindness matters. Being kind doesn’t mean you agree with them or even want to be their best friend. But if you won’t be helpful, then who will be?
11. Meditate, pray, practice trucking yoga and good driver fitness practices. When was the last time you unplugged with something that would plug you back in? Make sure you check out Mother Trucker Yoga LIFESTYLE JUMPSTART Membership Platform & APP, where drivers just like you can come together and get fit- inside and out right from the cab of your truck.
12. Living over the road, where your home, office, kitchen, the vehicle is, all the same, can be overwhelming and stressful. Stress can cause headaches, muscle tension, difficulty sleeping, irritability, and negatively affect our immune system. Faith-based anxiety treatment can be a source of advice. We all know that pressure is not suitable for us physically or mentally. However, how do we keep stress from manifesting in our daily lives?
Finding the best overwhelm, stress relief strategies, and trucking yoga for optimal driver fitness doesn’t have to be elaborate or take forever. But you might have to try something and then see how it works for a few days or weeks; if not, move on to the next thing. Do not give up if one doesn’t work; move on and try another. However, it is essential to keep looking for the tools to help you manage life’s ups and downs healthily. Keeping stress at a manageable level is vital for your overall well-being. You deserve it!
Surround yourself with people that support you in your journey, and leave behind those that do not. You will not regret it. Too many people in today’s world have come to normalize stress. Do not be that person. Identify your stress triggers and then take action to dismantle that stress. It may feel like work in the beginning, but in the end, you will feel the effects of a happier, healthier life.