Easy MONGOLIAN BEEF Made on the truck
This Easy Monogolian Beef is easier than you think. And best yet it’s ready in 45 minutes-all made on the truck thanks to RoadPro’s Lunch Box cooker.
Easy Mongolian Beef Made on the Truck
No longer do you need to complain that it’s too difficult to get great tasting food as a long-haul trucker. Not only has Road Pro made it easier than ever to cook on the truck. But here is a mouth-watering recipe brought to you by veteran trucker Robert Greene that tastes better than P.F. Chang’s!
The magic is in the super simple sauce (yes, we said simple) and convenient yet top chef worthy lunch box cooker. We made this recipe live at GATS this past month those in the audience went crazy. The delicious thick sauce and amazing flavor, all made in minutes with little utensils (we too were traveling and did not have the convenience of a kitchen).
The flavor is unreal. And we know you are going to go crazy for this healthy steak recipe. Don’t open your truck door or you’ll be having guest for dinner.
How do you make Mongolian beef?
- Slice the flank steak into strips (we suggest 3” long).
- In a 1-gallon Ziplock bag (or large container) put the beef and all the ingredients except the olive oil into the bag. Toss the beef to coat evenly.
- You may want to pre-mix the cornstarch and water together to make sure it is thoroughly mixed in another container or in the Ziplock bag first to get the clumps out.
- Let chill for up to 2 hours (we let our chill for 45 minutes).
- Coat RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove with remaining olive oil.
- Heat up RoadPro Lunch Box so it is very hot.
- Carefully place stake and other ingredients into lunch box and securely close.
- Make sure lunch box is sitting securely on a flat surface.
- Let steak cook inside the Portable Stove (Lunch Box) for 45 minutes to 1 hour (checking as needed, but be careful when you open the Portable Stove, to open it slowly not to burn yourself with the steam that will come out).
- ¾ lb of Flank Steak
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 4 Green Onions, sliced thin
- 5 Dried Red Chillis
- 3/8 cup Hoisen Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/8 cup Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Sesame Oil (or any oil except vegetable oil)
- 5 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp Water
- 1 can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 1 can Sliced Bamboo Shoots
Serve over rice, or Rice noodles or eat as the main dish!
What kind of beef should I use?
Most Mongolian beef recipes use flank steak. And that is what we are suggesting here. We suggest that you slice the beef about ¼ inch thick and about 3” long strips.
Tips and Tricks for making the perfect Mongolian beef:
- When slicing your beef: It is best to slice flank steak against the grain to create an easier cutting experience. We also advise you not cut the beef directly on any surface of the truck that may leave scratches.
- Smaller batches: Although the Lunch Box by RoadPro is large it is not meant to make a meal for an army. So, consider making smaller batches. This will also allow for room to stir without making a mess in the truck.
- Adjusting the sauce: Cornstarch is used to thicken a sauce. If you prefer a thinner sauce omit the cornstarch. But if you would like a thicker sauce just add ½ to 1 tsp more of cornstarch at a time. You can also add more cornstarch (and water mixture) during the sampling process if you want to see a thicker sauce.
What is Mongolian Beef best served with?
- Mongolian beef is delicious with rice or rice noodles. However, my favorite is to stir-fry other veggies like snow peas, broccoli or even mushrooms. Or try it with our Asian Slaw Salad recipe. Delicious and super easy to make on the truck!