New Year’s Water Drinking Challenge
2020 is out, and 2021 is IN!
Instead of setting those typical diet resolutions for the new year, I want to help you achieve a holistic, healthy lifestyle. If the New Year New You approach worked, we’d all be… well, you know where I’m going with this.
Less than 8% of people follow through with and achieve their News Years Resolutions. Why? Because you still believe that something magical happens when the clock strikes midnight. That Cinderella will get her dress, and the pumpkin will turn into a sweet ride.
That is not how life works, yet so many of us fall victim to this mindset. Hopeful goals without a plan are just dreams that feel real while we are asleep.
With Mother Trucker Yoga’s help, you can stop committing yourself to those challenging and restricting diets and perfect exercise plans that just don’t fit for a trucker’s lifestyle; try something simpler and more effective!
Begin your new year with the mindset that you can start today. RIGHT NOW and that there is no magic pill and it will take work. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun.
I want to invite you to join me starting on January 1st with a WATER DRINKING CHALLENGE!
Did you know:
- That when you think you are hungry, you are more often thirsty.
- Leaves your body’s muscles and tissues stiff, tight, and in pain (don’t forget the STIFF Mother Trucker pain relief cream too).
- That dehydration is a SYMPTOM to depression (yes, I said that correctly).
- That getting more water in as a driver is NOT complicated and doesn’t mean you need to drink 200 ounces a day and be peeing non-stop.
- Dehydration impairs brain function and can cause fatigue, memory loss, brain fog, sleep issues, and mood swings.
And if you need even more support and motivation, join Mother Trucker Yoga’s Membership Site packed full of customized trucker videos, tips, moves and inspiration.
How Should You Start?
Here at Mother Trucker Yoga, we believe in slow and steady, and we don’t believe in lofty empty promises.
We believe in breaking things down and getting to the root cause of why things are working or why they aren’t.
A Water Drinking Challenge is a PERFECT way to ring in the new year and make a lifestyle change that will impact EVERY other area of your life.
When it comes to liquids, water is the champion! It offers an abundance of benefits like increasing energy, promoting weight loss, flushing out toxins, and boosting the immune system. Water is also free of calories and sugar.
Most people are aware of this; however, we’re still not drinking enough H2O.
To help jump-start your new healthy habit, I created a 30-Day Water Challenge worksheet. Print and keep it at your desk, on your fridge, or in another highly visible space this month. You can grab this PDF inside the Accelerate Your Health with Mother Trucker Yoga Facebook Group!
It is recommended that an individual consume at least 64 ounces of water per day. If you want to get more specific, divide your body weight in half, then aim to drink that many ounces of water per day. For example, a person who weighs 150 pounds would have a goal to drink 75 ounces. You can calculate your number, and write it at the top of your worksheet. But even if you hate drinking water, how about one more bottle than before? You can do that, right?
Whether you never drink water, drink a bottle or two of water a day, or LOVE water and can’t stop, this Water Drinking Challenge is for you!
It seems like a simple thing, but you might be surprised at how much better it feels to have plenty of clean water running through your veins.
You Could WIN!
We want to make this fun for you! We will be giving away a few 64 oz. Black Canyon Outfitters Heavy Duty Water Bottles with Twist Lid in black from RoadPro!
Double-wall vacuum insulated stainless steel water bottle. Those that are the most active and participating in our Water Drinking Challenge will qualify to WIN at the end of the month. (only those living in the US lower 48 will have Water Bottles shipped out unless you pay for shipping, thanks for understanding).
Simple Strategies to Drinking More Water:
- Invite a friend to join in the water challenge with you. Accountability goes a long way in reaching healthy living goals.
- Buy a new water bottle with the ounces listed on the side.
- Write on the caps of the water bottles and count down from 6 to 1 or 4 to 1 until you meet your ounces goal.
- When you wake up in the morning get 8-20 ounces of water in first thing. Don’t even think before you drink.
- To better coordinate bathroom breaks with stops, one hour before you stop drink up.
- Commit to drinking a full glass of water before eating every meal.
- Stop making excuses. Enough said.
Okay, let’s get started. Go fill up your water cup. Cheers to a healthier you!
How do you join the movement?
Join our FREE Facebook Community over at Accelerate Your Heath with Mother Trucker Yoga and invite your friends!
There you will get motivational tips, check-ins, and your FREE water tracking chart (PDF)! And guidance from me!
Instead of making the same New Year’s resolution again this year, how about we shift our focus and build a foundation to stand on so those healthy things we desire aren’t empty promises yet again, but pillars that do not waiver and create healthier habits for us to achieve any goal naturally!